Career Level Individual Contributor
Experience 2 Years
Electrosonic Inc. is looking for a Project Engineer located in the Orlando Area who reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
To be successful in this position you will: Perform Audio, Video and Control engineering functions and/or system programming as required to support the sales, design, installation and delivery of custom audio video systems.
You will work in collaboration with the Project Manager to ensure that the contracted scopes of work are performed to the highest possible standards of quality and conform to defined performance requirements. You will also work closely with the fabrication and installation staff to ensure system designs are correctly implemented. It is expected that you will also maintain open lines of communication both within the company and with the client and other contractors.
What you will be doing?
- Take ownership of Post-Sales completion and Q/C of final system design deliverables.
- Work with CAD Team to complete drawing deliverables and take ownership of design validation and Q/C of drafting.
- Engineering and Commissioning of Audiovisual systems of various types and producing associated deliverable documentation (Audio DSP, Control Systems, AV Networks, Video Projection, etc.)
- Conduct Site Survey’s and participate in client meetings to understand deliverable requirements and intended system functionality.
- Travel as required to perform site inspections, commissioning, programming, documentation and training related to the installation of these systems.
- Test systems in fabrication and in field installations to verify proper wiring, operation of equipment and system design.
- Work with fabrication to ensure that systems are built to specification in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respond to client requests for modifications and additions to systems. Coordinate with the Project Manager to ensure modifications are tracked and appropriate change orders are generated and executed.
- Provide labor estimates for Sales Estimation of low to moderate-level projects.
- Work to maintain knowledge of current product lines for various manufacturers.
- Provide training of system operation to client stakeholders and ESI Service team.
- Aide the Project Management team in the development of project plans and milestones.
- Support Lead Project Design Engineer with Engineering tasks.
- Execute project plans within the time constraints specified while adhering to quality standards.
- Provide any other support to ensure ESI operates up to standards on a daily basis.
- Maintain proper safety practices in accordance with OSHA, Site safety requirements, and/or ESI Standards.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
- Promotes ESI to best of his/her ability.
- Takes direction from Supervisors and Project Leads.
- Displays professional attitude in a team environment.
- Follows protocol for client communication.
- Submit deliverables to Team Lead for Review and Deliverable Milestones
- Ability to successfully Commission all aspects of an Audiovisual installation.
- Understanding of AV signal flow.
- Ability to draw rough schematics.
- General understanding of various system types (DSP, controllers, network switches, displays, and how they interconnect).
- Ability to create and communicate simple SOW.
- Proficiency with terminating connections (RJ-45, XLR, DB9, Terminals, etc).
- Read and understand Drawings and Bill of Materials.
- Proficiency in a specialty related to the Audiovisual industry.
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
What qualifications are required?
- A bachelors degree (or equivalent) in a related field.
- 2+ years of AV Industry experience.
- OSHA 10-hour Certification.
- AVIXA CTS Certification or ability to obtain within 90-days of hire.
- Knowledge of current products and trends in audio, video, control, and/or other related industries.
- Proficiency with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), knowledge of Audio-Visual Software. AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Ability to travel 40%.