Career Level Individual Contributor
Experience 2 Years
California is experiencing a statewide teacher shortage crisis – YOU can help!
Transition your industry experience into the classroom as a middle or high school teacher. As an EnCorps STEM Teaching Fellow, you will use your leadership and unique expertise to inspire the next generation by working as a teacher in a low income school. Currently, 39% of students in California meet or exceed the math standards, however, people with skills like you have an opportunity to change these statistics and strengthen our future STEM workforce. Just watch this video to see our impact in action!
EnCorps provides an innovative component that compliments the established credentialing process required for all CA teachers, that will prepare you to excel in your new career as a teacher.
How the Fellowship Works:
- Fellows spend 2-5 hours per week in a local classroom for 1 semester as a volunteer Guest Teacher with a teacher mentor
- Fellows train online/on-demand and in person at 3 in-person events each year
- Fellows receive extensive support and mentoring from the EnCorps staff, their cohort and the EnCorps network of schools
- Fellows earn their teaching credential from a university partner over the course of 4-14 months
- Fellows have the opportunity to teach full time while earning their credential
- The EnCorps pathway will lead you to a full-time, credentialed, teaching position in 9-19 months
Find out more about the timeline and teaching credentials at https://encorps.org/join/
For Fellowship consideration you must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field
- Have eligibility to work in the U.S.
For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see https://encorps.org/join/eligibility/.
Ready to make an impact?