Career Level Manager
Experience 6 Years
The Product Manager, Marketing is a passionate, self-starter, who thinks strategically, executes with detail, and is a customer-obsessed and focused individual. Reporting to the VP, Marketing & Communications, the Product Manager, Marketing plays a key role in shaping OrthoGrid’s product roadmap through competitive and insightful product positioning, go-to-market strategies, and pricing analysis. This individual will be responsible for generating global customer insights, establishing customer requirements, and coordinating the creation of the strategic roadmap for our technology platform and the flawless execution of key product launches that push the OGS brand and technologies forward in the marketplace.
- Work with a cross-functional team of sales managers, data scientists, engineers, and Marketing and Comms team to promote, launch, and educate about products globally – from pre-FDA approval, initial market validation, positioning and messaging.
- Own user and product insights: Go deep on understanding how users engage across our B2B technology platforms and various market segments.
- Generate actionable customer insights by executing primary and secondary research, visiting surgeons / customers, participating in advisory board discussions, attending society meetings and engaging regional partners.
- Represent voice of the customer in team discussions to guide trade-offs and product feature / design decisions.
- Build data-driven, actionable insights that inform product, sales, and marketing strategy
- Innovate on our go-to-market approaches.
- Engage with internal and external partners to test new channels to increase engagement and /or drive new customer acquisition.
- Work collaboratively to define and secure new clinical studies and narratives to drive growth and engagement in key market segments.
- Develop and update financials, and ensure team alignment with key assumptions
- Identify and prioritize new areas of marketing opportunity to amplify audience. engagement that lead to new customer acquisition using Sales insights and data
- Coordinate with various departments (R&D, Sales, Creative, Finance, remote teams) on product marketing, trade show, and launch strategy per product line.
- Development of surveys to validate campaign assumptions and strategic proposals
- Collection of necessary market intelligence and competitive analysis.
- Provide regular updates, presentations, marketing plan updates and SWOT analysis as required.
- Responsible for strategies that lead to increase in trials and demos generated from product launches and new customer relationships across all product lines.
- Evaluate the strategic and financial attractiveness of growth opportunities, including disruptive technologies, minimally invasive/robotic surgery solutions and advanced therapies/products to improve patient outcomes.
- Conduct in-depth assessment of new markets and emerging technologies / therapies to recommend the best entry strategy.
- Lead market assessment and business case development
- Collaborate as needed with functional partners to support strategic planning and portfolio optimization projects.
- Own market and financial analytics, including market models, financial performance, project valuation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field, MBA preferred
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of marketing experience, 5+ years’ experience in product management
- Must have medical device and /or MedTech industry experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge with the musculoskeletal system and/or extensive knowledge of the human anatomy
- Proven track record of driving results with marketing strategy development and execution
- Commercialization/product launch experience
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Hands-on experience with complex market and financial analysis
- Adept at leading, influencing and communicating with diverse cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, presentation skills; strength in Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter, results driven, competent managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience using market research to inform product development strategies
- Track record of driving rapid growth of innovative technologies