Career Level Entry Level
Experience 2 Years
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
These are functions a qualified incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
* At the start of the shift, inspect all orders processed on machine during the previous shift for correctness of folding, gumming, printing, count and packaging; obtain approval from lead adjuster or supervisor on start-up of new orders.
* Make proper size changes and adjustments to all assigned machines in accordance with estimated change times; note any delays on work order.
* Continuously monitor all assigned machines and performance of operators to ensure quality and run speed standards are being met.
* Provide training and assistance to coworkers, including other adjusters.
* Ensure all change parts are cleaned and returned to parts cage or other assigned areas at completion of order.
* Return ink, skids, cut blanks, etc. to their assigned areas upon completion of order.
* Review condition of all panel cutting dies with lead adjuster or supervisor once they are removed from machines; return dies to parts cage to be returned to inventory or sent out for reconditioning.
* Ensure all check sheets, time reports, and other paperwork is filled out correctly and completely.
* Relay any special instructions or important information pertaining to machine performance to next shift upon their arrival.
* Monitor machine shut downs where applicable to ensure proper wash up of machines at end of shift; ensure work area is clean..
Other (Non-Essential) Functions
Includes functions which are normally performed by persons holding this title. However, these functions may be reassigned to other employees as part of a “Reasonable Accommodation” under the ADA.
* May act as machine operator to cover breaks or meal periods.
* Other duties and assignments as required.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
* Requires frequent standing, walking, carrying, bending, stooping, grasping, and reaching.
* Ability to perform a volume of mechanical detail work with speed and accuracy; manual dexterity.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs., carry 50 lbs., push 100 lbs., pull 75 lbs.
* Exposure to noise; must wear hearing protection and safety shoes.
Cenveo is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
* High School education or equivalent, with mathematics emphasis.
* 2+ years of experience as a Machine Adjuster working with envelope machines (SW, SR, 102, 627)
* High degree of mechanical aptitude and previous assembly/production experience required.
* Previous printing experience preferred but not required.
* Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills
* Good communication skills, i.e. ability to work effectively with coworkers and communicate with all levels of management.
* Willingness to work overtime as needed.